Almost all the area's resorts offer season passes of one sort or another. For some reason, the south shore resorts typically offer better deals on passes than their north shore brethren. At Kirkwood, for instance, you can pay for your midweek pass in under 3.5 days of skiing. Other resorts simply choose different pricing strategies. Alpine Meadows for instance, has relatively expensive season passes, but the price of a daily ticket is an unbelievable $39. Below is a list of area resorts and their season pass offerings.
1. Kirkwood - North America's Best Season Pass Value. A Midweek Pass is paid for in under 3 and 1/2 days. The real deal, though is the Value Pass or the Full Pass. Other resorts charge you extra to wait in lines
on Holidays or weekends. At Kirkwood, you pay a little extra for days that are better. Most of the secret 'locals only'
stashes last way longer and lines are never really a problem at the Wood.
Midweek Pass - $199 Monday through Friday with blackout dates.
Adults $319; Junior (13-18) $199. Valid seven days with blackout dates.
Full Pass: Adults $419; Seniors (65-69) $229; Seniors Plus (70+) $119; Junior (13-18) $299; Child (6-12) $119
Kirkwood and Sugar Bowl also offer the SugarWood Pass for $449.
Kirkwood's blackout dates for Value and Midweek Passes are Christmas (12/27/05 - 12/31/05), Martin Luther King Day (1/14/06 - 1/15/06) and President's Day (2/18/06 - 2/19/06).
Pay your pass off in 3.37 days.
If you need another reason to get a Kirkwood Pass, here's 50.
2. Heavenly Lake Tahoe - Heavenly has two versions of it's season pass, the Heavenly Pass and the Heavenly Unlimited Pass.
Heavenly Unlimited Pass: Adults $518; Seniors (65+) $368; Teen (13-18) $398; Child (5-12) $238
Heavenly Pass: Adults $319; Seniors (65+) $239; Teen (13-18) $249; Child (5-12) $139; Midweek Pass $249
Blackout Dates for Heavenly Passes are Thanksgiving (11/25/06 -11/26/05), Christmas (12/27/05 - 12/31/05), and President's Day (2/18/06 - 2/19/06). All Passes except Midweek Passes include three days skiing at other Vail Resorts properties. Pay your pass off in 3.83 days.
3. Alpine Meadows - Alpine Meadows has the best value in Tahoe with their daily ticket price. Not So much with their season passes. They do have some better rates for families.
Midweek Pass: Adult (24-64) $399; Young Adult (19-23) $199; Seniors (65-69) $299
Adult (24-64) $759; Young Adult (19-23) $399; Youth (13-18) $199; Child (7-12) $149; Child (0-6) $49; Seniors (65-69) $499; 70+ $49
There is also a Midweek Plus Sunday Pass for $549. Pay your pass off in 10.23 days.
4. Squaw Valley USA - Squaw Valley season passes are every bit as expensive as their daily counterparts. Every bit as worth it, too.
Full Pass: Adult $1,689; Youth (13-18) $1,249; Senior (65-75) $999; Child (0-12) $340
Midweek Pass: Adult $919; Youth (13-18) $679; Senior (65-75) $549 Pay your pass off in 20.95 days.
5. Homewood Mountain - Homewood's season passes seem ok until you read between the lines. Then you find the real values. In addition to the passes listed below Homewood offers a limited number of $99 Value Passes (Mon-Thurs)
Full Season Pass: Adult $499; Junior (11-18) $150; Senior (62+) $209; here's the value - children 10 under are FREE when parent buys a Full Season Pass (or a lift ticket).
Adult $199; Senior (62+) $169 Pay your pass off in 6.63 days.
6. Northstar at Tahoe/Sierra at Tahoe - Northstar and Sierra at Tahoe offer the Double Whammy Pass, which is valid at both resorts.
Double Whammy Value Pass $299.
At Northstar it is valid Sun-Friday while at Sierra it is valid everyday. Both resorts have the following blackout dates; Thanksgiving (11/25/06 -11/26/05), Christmas (12/26/05 - 12/31/05), Martin Luther King Day (1/14/06 - 1/15/06), and President's Day (2/18/06 - 2/19/06).
Limited Double Whammy: Adult $469; Young Adult (13-22) $269; Child (5-12) $89. Valid seven days a week at both resorts with blackout dates for Northstar only.
Unlimited Double Whammy: Adult $689; Young Adult (13-22) $389; Child (5-12) $119; SuperSenior (70+) $119. Seven days, no blackouts at either resort. Pay your pass off in 4.9 days.
7. Mammoth - Mammoth's best pass deal happens every spring when a very limited number of Value Passes are sold. They will sell out within days or hours of becoming available. That day has come and gone. Here is what is available now.
Adult $1,300; Youth (13-18) $975; Senior (65-79) $650; Child (7-12) $650
Adult $575; Youth (13-18) $435; Senior (65-79) $290; Child (7-12) $290. Blackout dates apply. Pay your pass off in 9.42 days.
8. Mt. Rose Ski Resort - Their only offering is a Value Pass good everyday except Christmas (12/26/05 - 12/30/05) and President's Day (2/18/06 - 2/19/06).
The Value Pass comes in two flavors, Adult (16 and older) $299, and Junior (15 and under) $149. Pay your pass off in 5.53 days.
9. Boreal Mountain - Boreal has several offerings including a College Student Pass for $99, but it's midweek so you'll have to skip class. They have several other offerings as well. Note that when Boreal closes in Spring, your pass will be honored at Alpine Meadows.
Anytime Pass Adult $350; Child (5-12) $150
Midweek Pass - $199
Night Pass $99
Pay your pass off in 5.52 days.
10. Donner Ski Ranch - Purchase before November 15, 2005.
Season Pass: Adult $199; Young Adult (13-17) $179; Child (6-12) $99; Senior (60-69) $179 Pay your pass off in 7.96 days.
11. Sugar Bowl - Prices until October 31, 2005. Also consider a Sugarwood Pass.
Unrestricted: Adult $749; Youth (13-22) $399; Senior (60-69) $399; Child (6-12) $179
Slightly Restricted: Adult $399; Youth (13-22) $259; Senior (60-69) $259; Child (6-12) $109.
Valid Sun- Fri with the following blackout dates: Christmas (12/26/05-1/1/06); MLK Day (1/15/06); & Presidents Day (2/19/06-2/20/06). Valid 7 days a week until Xmas and after March 26. Pay your pass off in 7.38 days.